Saturday, November 10, 2012

"Tag, You're It!" with me - Robyn Corum!


Hey all!  I’m participating in a fun round of interviews with sister authors this week!  We’re all part of a dynamic campaign called, “Tag, You’re It!”  I’m posting my interview questions and answers here today and at the bottom, you’ll be able to (come back and) find the links to the other girls’ interviews! 

 
Questions for Robyn Corum for Tag – You’re It!
What is the title of your book?
Melinda Heads West
Where did the idea for the book come from?
The idea actually came from a flash fiction contest on a writing website.  I created the first chapter and really liked the character of Melinda.  I decided to ‘play’ with it, and more chapters followed.  Soon, I was in the middle of a novel!
What genre does your book fall under?
It’s a Historical Romance/Western
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I am so bad at this.  Matt Damon as Boone, maybe, and Jennifer Lopez as Melinda.  The only problem is that I don’t see Melinda as classically ‘pretty’, and her hair is always a mess!
If anyone can come up with better characters, let me know!  I’d be interested to hear your ideas. *smile*  (Leave them in the comments section!)

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
A young girl traveling across three states for a family deed finds misadventure, danger and love.

Will your book be self-published or agented?
It’s published by Crimson Romance, a division of Adams Media! It was released October 8th, 2012.  The paperback should follow in about a month. 
 
How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
About seventy days.
What other books within your genre would you compare your WIP (writing-in-progress)to?
I can’t think of a single book similar to the one I’m currently writing, except that it has a very loose mail-order bride plot! 
Who or what inspired this book?
I have often heard about the tenements in New York City at the turn of the century.  I wanted to try to capture the harsh realities of that life on paper and in a character people could relate to.  “Ama” was born.
 What else about your book might pique the readers’ interest?
It’s a hard story to tell.  I threw myself couple of hard curves, which I can’t really share or it would give away too much.  But suffice it to say that like today, the mail order ads in the 1800s didn’t tell the whole story either!  *smile*
 
***
Here are some ways to catch up with Robyn after the interview:
To purchase Melinda Heads West: Melinda-Heads-West
Authors Den:  authorsden
Twitter: @robyncorum
 
***
 
Here are the links to other authors participating in the Tag- You're It! Fun:

***
Thanks so much!  robyn


2 comments:

  1. I'd buy it just for the title! Sounds like such fun, Robyn, and it must be fun to write such a whimsical story! I like that your heroine's hair is always a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan! BTW - I just checked out your blog, and I'm stalking you now. *smile* Melinda WAS a fun book to write. And I'll tell you a secret. When I first saw the cover - I didn't like it - because the girl's hair is so pretty! Of course, I love it now! But you get ideas in your head of what those characters look like...and as you know, they're hard to shake! Silly author -- hahaha

    ReplyDelete