Friday, October 19, 2012

Learning I Have a Lot to Learn...


LEARNING and GROWING!

Well, I’m getting a fast lesson in marketing with the release of my ebook, Melinda Heads West!  Did you know that when you purchase a book at Amazon there are all kinds of things you can do to help ensure the author’s success while you’re there?  It’s true!

Near the title of the book, there’s a ‘Like’ button, similar to the one on Facebook.  By clicking it you help advance that item up the charts when people are doing searches.  Encourage your friends to do the same.

Next, waaayyy down at the bottom of the page are ‘tags’.  By clicking on the tags you think correspond to the book you again help it move up the ranks.  It’s amazing how these little things add up! 

And reviews are so important.  Even 10-20 words, in your own everyday speech do wonders!    Don’t be intimidated by those folk who write the equivalent of a novel!  People  who are considering buying a book are more likely to read the smaller chunks of writing anyway! 

HOW ARE SALES?

People keep asking me how sales are going, and to tell the truth, I have no idea.  If I counted the actual people who have TOLD me they’ve purchased books, I would say there have been about 50 sold!  But I hope there’s been more than that.  It’s a scary thing.  I just have to post notices on Facebook, send a few emails, and then sit back and cross my fingers.  I’m not too good at that!  *smile*

How’s NEW YORK, Robyn?

In the meantime, I’ve been spending a great deal of time in New York, at least in my mind.  That’s where my newest book takes place.  And I love it!  I’ve been doing so much research!  You know, a historical romance takes a ton of work.  For the last few chapters, it seems like I’ve researched two days for each paragraph of writing!  But in the end, I hope it will be worth it.  I love to read a book and learn something at the same time, and I hope my readers will feel the same way…of course, that is, if I’m lucky enough to get “Ama” published.

It’s the story of a girl who grows up in  the tenements of New York with her younger stepbrother and stepsister.  Their life is not pretty.  It’s the late 1800s and times are hard.  Living conditions are barely tolerable.  Most of us can’t imagine an existence like this. 

I’ll keep you posted on the story line.  From the reviews I’ve had so far, it has potential.  I just have to do the story the justice it deserves. 

Until next time -- I'm going to leave you with a 'thinking poem' I wrote recently called,
 

 

Faith in the Fall

 
does that one falling leaf
look back?

or does it rejoice
in the experience of
the fall?

exhilarating
in the twists and turns
of its new journey?

does it pine
for lost aquaintances?

or reach out to earth
where millions of new
friends await?

does it mourn what was?

or see what will be?
- robyn corum
10/12/2012
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.  Tell me what YOUR favorite part of Fall is.   
 
 
To check out Melinda, go to: 

Facebook: Melinda Heads West

Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment