Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Why Should Colors Matter?

Why do colors matter?

We’re all the same inside

Why should variations

In skin cause a divide?



I’m lots of different colors

Depending on the day

Depending on the way I feel

And things that people say



I’m blood red when I’m angry

And yellow when I’m scared

I’m not sure, but I suppose

These feelings might be shared



When I’m hurt, I’m black and blue

I know we cry the same

When I’m scared, I turn ghost-white

And pink, when I’m ashamed



When envy has me by the tail

I admit to seeing green

But I have never crossed someone

For the sake of being mean



These tendencies are foolish

Perhaps they will subside

Why should colors matter?

When we’re all the same inside


***

Something to think about for today...Hope your day is all it can be and more -- MAKE IT SO!  *smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment